Zoe Cuthbert has been a successful recipient of a Tier 2 Scholarship within the Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship & Mentoring Program.
Zoe is a Canberra based athlete who has been Mountain Bike riding since a young age after being introduced to racing in the Canberra Off-Road Cyclist (CORC) Dirt Crits summer races. She specializes in cross country Olympic and is part of the Trek Shimano Australia racing team. Zoe has represented Australia at the mountain bike World Championships in both her age category and as part of the Australian national relay team in both 2018 and 2019, with her best result being 5th in Mont St Anne, Canada in 2019.
Zoe enjoys technical tracks, close racing and riding new terrain. She is heavily involved in the Canberra mountain bike community, helping at races, coaching, and organizing the Dirt Crits series.
In 2018 and 2019, Zoe was awarded the Cycling Australia MTB Female Junior of the year award and is the current 2020 U23 Women’s National Champion and Oceania Champion.
Zoe speaks of her selection within the Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship & Mentoring Program:
“Receiving this Scholarship helps me continue to do the sport I love. Its support will help me to improve my riding skills and fitness, allowing me to chase my dreams of competing on the world stage.”
Sport: Mountain Bike
Disciplines: Cross Country Olympic, Gravity Enduro, Road
First & Current Club: Canberra Off Road Cyclist
First started: 8 years old
Studying: Bachelor Design
Hero: Kate Courtney – elite mountain biker. She is powered by #sparklewatts
Pre-comp Routine: The closest that comes to a pre-competition routine is I often put a local flower on my bike and watch to see how long it stays on during the race.
Rankings – as at Sep 2020
Jnr Int: 5
Jnr Nat: 1
Awards, Honours & Achievements
- 2020: Oceania Championships XC Olympic – 1st Junior
- 2020: Australian National Championships XC Olympic – 1st Junior (first year in U23)
- 2020: World Championships Australian Team
- 2019: World Championships XC Olympic – 5th Junior (last year in U19)
- 2019: Oceania Championships XC Olympic – 1st Junior
- 2019: Australian National championships – 1st Junior (I was National champion across 4 disciplines: XC Olympic, short course, relay, and Gravity Enduro)
- 2019: Cycling Australia and Mountain Bike Australia Junior mountain biker of the year
- 2019: National Champion in four disciplines – XC Olymic, XC Relay, XC short course, Gravity Enduro
- 2019-2018: Australian team within age category and Australia team as part of the 5-person relay team
Bio picture credit: Angus McKendrick
Last updated 15/09/2020