2021 Scholarship & Mentoring Program applications are now CLOSED
Tier 1 Inclusions
Six successful recipients will receive:
- One-on-one personal mentoring by a Member of SAHOF
- $10,000 sporting expense grant
- On-stage presentation of the Scholarship at the SAHOF Induction & Awards Gala Dinner to be held at the Palladium at Crown in October 2020 including travel and accommodation (pending COVID-19).
Tier 2 Inclusions
Ten successful recipients will receive:
- $5,000 sporting expense grant
- Official presentation of the Scholarship (at a location decided closer to the closing date and pending Committee decision)
Tier 3 Inclusions
Unsuccessful recipients of Tier 1 and Tier 2 will be automatically considered for Tier 3.
A select number of successful recipients will receive:
- A sporting expense grant up to $3,000
(Dollar amount and number of recipients will be determined at the discretion of the Committee)
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Eligibility
Nominations are open to all sportspersons who meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian Citizen (resident cannot apply)
- Be between the ages of 15 – 21 as of December 31 of the year applying
- Be a participant in a sport recognised by Sport Australia
- Have competed at a minimum of international junior level in their chosen sport (where applicable)
- Be a member of the Australian junior or senior squad/team in their chosen sport (where applicable)
- The applicant must complete the form themselves. No third party can apply on the applicant’s behalf (if the applicant is overseas, unavailable or incapable, a third party can apply on their behalf however, must provide reason)
Tier 3 Eligibility
- Must complete an application for Tier 1 or 2
- Must show the following in their application to be considered: compassion, hardship and athletic drive.
Please note: The S&MP Committee reserve the right to change the conditions of the S&P. Its decision will be final.