2022 Scholarship & Mentoring Program applications NOW OPEN!
Tier 1 Inclusions
Six successful recipients will each receive:
- One-on-one personal mentoring by a Sport Australia Hall of Fame Member
- $10,000 sporting expense grant
- An invitation to attend an event, where they will formally accept their Scholarship (pending COVID-19)
Tier 2 Inclusions
Ten successful recipients will each receive:
- $5,000 sporting expense grant
Tier 3 Inclusions
Sixteen successful recipients will each receive:
- $2,500 sporting expense grant
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Eligibility
Nominations are open to all sportspersons who meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian Citizen (resident cannot apply)
- Be between the ages of 15 – 21 as of December 31 of the year applying
- Be a participant in a sport recognised by either Sport Australia, Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) and/or Paralympics Australia (PA)
- Have competed at a minimum of international junior level in their chosen sport (where applicable)
- Be a member of the Australian junior or senior squad/team in their chosen sport (where applicable)
- The applicant must complete the form themselves. No third party can apply on the applicant’s behalf (if the applicant is overseas, unavailable or incapable, a third party can apply on their behalf however, must provide reason)
Tier 3 Eligibility
- Must complete an application for Tier 1 or 2
- Must show the following in their application to be considered: compassion, hardship and athletic drive.
Please note: The Scholarship & Mentoring Program Committee reserve the right to change the conditions of the Scholarship & Mentoring Program. Its decision will be final. Past Scholarship Holders are encouraged to re-apply.
Applications close 11pm, Monday, June 28, 2021 – no exceptions
Please select the most appropriate application form for consideration.
- If you select Tier 1 and Tier 2 you will automatically be considered first for Tier 1 and if unsuccessful you will be considered for Tier 2.
- If you only select Tier 2 you will only be considered for Tier 2.
- All unsuccessful Tier 1 & Tier 2 and Tier 2 only applicants will be considered for Tier 3 (Tier 3 does not have a separate application form).
Please note: The Scholarship & Mentoring Program Committee reserve the right to change the conditions and it’s decision will be final.
Please select which you are going to apply for:
Tier 1 & Tier 2 Scholarships
Tier 2 Scholarship