Caitlin Parker is boxer and Olympian who was awarded a Scholarship within the 2015 Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship and Mentoring Program, and was paired with Adam Gilchrist AM as her Mentor.
Caitlin was born in Subiaco, Western Australia, in 1996, and came to boxing via martial arts. Her father refused to let her walk to school alone until she earned a black belt in Taekwondo, so the fiercely independent Caitlin did just that at age 11. She soon gravitated towards boxing.
Caitlin entered her fist serious fight as a 13-year-old, and beat a 25-year-old woman. Her raw talent was identified and at the age of 15 she became a member of the national boxing team and competed domestically and internationally under the guidance of Peter Wilkinson at Fox’s Boxing Den.
Caitlin won seven national championships in various divisions between 2011 and 2019. During those years, she stood on the podium at the youth and junior world titles, and won a bronze medal at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games, before winning gold at the Golden Gloves in Serbia in the same year.
At the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Caitlin won silver and was the boxing team captain, and she was the highest internationally ranked Australian boxer in 2019. She remained a dominant force on the domestic scene and proved very difficult to beat internationally, and in 2020 she won silver at the Asia and Oceania Olympic Qualification event, booking her flight to the Tokyo 2020/2021 Olympic Games, where she finished 9th.
Honours & Achievements
- 7 x Australian Champion – 2011, 2013-17 & 2019
- 2014: AIBA Junior World Championship – bronze
- 2014: AIBA Youth World Championship – silver
- 2014: Youth Olympic Games – bronze
- 2014: AIBA Youth World Championships – silver
- 2014: Golden Gloves Serbia – gold
- 2018: Commonwealth Games – silver
- 2018: Commonwealth Games Boxing Team Captain
- 2019: Highest internationally ranked Australian Boxer
- 2020: Asia and Oceania Olympic Qualification event – silver
- 2020 (2021): Tokyo Olympic Games – 9th
Caitlin Parker’s Scholarship & Mentoring Program Experience Video
Caitlin Parker Players Voice – More to Fight For
Donate to help support Caitlin’s Olympic Dreams Continue