Brad Shaw is motorcyclist who was awarded a Scholarship within the 2013 Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship and Mentoring Program, he was paired with Mick Doohan AM as his Mentor.
Brad was born in Kyabram, Victoria, in 1995, and was interested in anything with two wheels from a very young age. He began participating in motor cycling at age six at the Goulburn Valley Motorcycle Club.
In 2008, Brad transitioned to motorcycle road racing, and after just one year of competitive racing, he won both the Victorian Metrakit Series 80cc and the Victorian Junior Road Race titles for the 13 – 16 age group.
After more success in Australia, it was time to head overseas, and in 2010 Brad rode nine rounds of the Aprilia Superteens 125 Championship Series in the UK and scored six podium finishes in the Nitro Newcomers Series.
The following year was also a success for Brad in the UK, as he competed in three rounds of the Aprilia RRV 450 Challenge at Thundersport GB, and his results included third place at Cadwell Park Circuit.
In October 2012, Brad competed in and won the 4 Round Pirelli Road Race Series in the Superstock 600cc class in both the Sprint Series and the Tourist Trophy Series.
Honours & Achievements
- 2009: Victorian Junior Road Race Title 13-16 years, Victoria, AUS.
- 2011: 3rd, Aprilla Moto RRV450 Championships, Cardwell, UK2010 Aprilla Superteens 125 Nitro Newcomers Championships – 6 Podium finishes, UK.
- 2011: 4th, Aprilla Moto RRV450 Championships, Angelsey, WALES.
- 2012: Winner, Pirelli Road Race Series – Superstock 600cc Class – Tourist Trophy Series, AUS.
- 2012: Winner, Pirelli Road Race Series – Superstock 600cc Class – Sprint Series, AUS.
- 2013: Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship Holder.